how to avoid offending minority coworkers

Diversity Inc. has this article listing 7 things never to say to Asian-American executives. NPR has a related segment on things you should never say to co-workers about race, religion and sex.

Personally, I've never had to deal with any of these phrases or questions in my career. More often, I'll notice an initial tip-toeing around minorities - a thoughtfully cautious approach to communication. Its a polite - and noticeably deliberate - recognition that we're all different.

1 comments:

bunbungirl said...
on

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, cosplay, Japanese foods).
Please add this site to your blog roll.
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/

Find It