halloween















Halloween doesn't mean much to me since I'm neither a child (arguable in some eyes) or a parent. I've attended Halloween parties in recent years but it was merely to watch drunk people stumble around in silly costumes. Its expecially entertaining when you see coworkers acting foolish. Alas, my new department is a bit older and they're all leaving work early to chaperon their kids for trick or treating. I probably won't be seeing any of them vomiting on their slutty witch costume.

As for the kids, they gotta earn their candy. I'm not asking for extravagant costumes - creativity doesn't require a crazy budget - but make an effort. If I had my way, I'd ration out candy depending on the wow factor of the costume. But I guess its hard to be judgmental on the little kids. Maybe I'll save my Simon Cowell-ish comments for older kids. And should there be an age limit? I remember living in philly and seeing kids with 5 0'clock shadows running around without a costume asking people to fill their ratty plastic bags with candy. Are you trick or treating or mugging?

0 comments:

Find It