common (sense)

I'm not claiming to have the hot exclusives, the rare remixes ... just some good music that I'm feeling at the moment.

I've been down with Common since "Resurrection" and was hooked on the jazzy beats and witty lyricism on that album. I've supported him since, but I never got to see him live until his "Be" tour landed in Atlantic City last year. Now, rappers are known to be hit or miss as a live act...but Common did not disappoint. Neither preachy nor pretentious, he put on an intimate show for the grown folks. I'll forgive him for his stint with erykah and the crochet pants and more recently, I'll forgive for his gap ads (ok they weren't that bad).


Common ft. Will I Am - I Have A Dream

(from the Freedom Writers soundtrack)
video:


Common ft. Bilal - Play Your Cards Right
(from the Smokin' Aces soundtrack)

0 comments:

Find It