peace and blunt ashes

Michigan's Fab Five of the early 90's. Their talent was breathtaking and their style (baldies, baggy shorts, black kicks, braggadocio) was hip hop personified. Chris Webber was literally at the center of it all. I've been a Webber fan: I forgave him for his untimely timeout in the '93 NCAA Finals, followed his travels in the NBA and overlooked his legal troubles and lack of clutch play. Oh and he dated Tyra Banks in her prime (before she became the overbearingly annoying TV "personality" that we know now).

Unfortunately due to injuries, CWebb is a shell of his former self. His stint with the Sixers was a bust, culminating with Wednesday's contract buyout which allowed CWebb to retain all but $5 million of his $43 million contract. Its not Beckham money...but a pretty damn good deal in my eyes. So does he leave quietly with his pockets stuffed? Nope.

He takes parting shots at Coach Cheeks: "If Mo wasn't going to use me, I wish he had told me during the summer. But now, we hadn't won five games and he was telling me I can't play. I knew the relationship was over." Check the game logs and Mo had him in for 30+ minutes several times in the season and received mediocre production. CWebb's playing time dwindled because he was horrible. Horrible as in 38% shooting and 11ppg. I won't even get into his phantom defense.

Where does this guy get off griping about playing time? He should be arrested for for stealing 20+ million a year to underachieve, sulk and complain. Mo Cheeks may not be the best coach, but he's a class act and does not deserved to be ripped by an underachieving malcontent. Hey CWebb, be happy with your $38 mil, shut up and leave town quietly...oh, and work on your music productions skills - that "Blunt Ashes" song you produced for NaS put me to sleep.

As for Philly...all I can say is Greg Oden.

Sidenote: Why does Oden look so old?
He looks like he's pushing 40..can he really be 19?
Lebron is another suspect - although he cleared his age when Dwade forced him to produce his birth certificate.

Gotta be the steroids in the milk - I've been noticing lots of kids looking way older than their age these days.

0 comments:

Find It