mens room etiquette



I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I avoid public bathrooms at all costs. Sometimes its unavoidable. In these cases, I expedite the process and map out a path of not touching any surface with bare hands after washing my hands at the sink. The bathrooms at work aren't so bad, but there's a need for some standard etiquette.

If there's 3 empty urinals, do not use the middle one.
Don't use the urinal next to me in any situation.
Don't start up a conversation at the urinals.
Don't shake my hand till we're far away from the bathroom area.
Stop leaving souvenirs at the urinal and don't piss on the floor.
Don't litter your reading material on the floor.
Courtesy flushes are a must.

There's always some guy that operates against these unwritten rules. One of my work bathrooms only has 2 urinals that are fairly close to each other. Nothing worse than rubbing shoulders with a heavy-set dude while pissing. Then trying to squash any conversation that he starts up. And piss with blinder on buddy - keep your eyes straight ahead or straight down. Oh, and I keep mental notes of dudes that don't wash their hands. Work people, gym people - I see y'all.

0 comments:

Find It